Friday, March 6, 2009

More New Music

It seems like theres going to be a ton of worthwhile music that's coming out soon. I just heard about three more cd's that will be out before years end that I am excited for.

Firstly, theres the new album from Sonic Youth The Eternal. Needless to say I'm excited about this, after their last attempt I am back on the SY bandwagon. As long as they stay with that recipe I won't be away, also I saw them with Pearl Jam in concert and it was amazing. As long as they stay with the old recipe of just going with a lo-fi stripped down guitar sound that they did on their last album I will be there to see them again.



Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is currently recording a new album that is supposed to be out before the end of the year. This band has yet to disappoint me on one of their studio albums, though I was horrified though by their self released album last year though, and am wondering how they can outdo their last effort. Baby 81 was my favorite album of 2007 so I am on pins until this arrives.



Lastly I just heard from Pitchfork that Jarvis Cocker will be releasing his new album Further Complications May 19th. His last album was great, and some of the stuff that he did when he lead his previous band "Pulp" was remarkable. I just hope he can bring back some of the wittiness that he had on his last album. Anyway here is a real video from his last album. Enjoy.

No comments: