Saturday, March 7, 2009

Who Watches the Watchmen? ME!



As a fan of the book I was a little excited about this, though I was concerned about how a book that was so cinematic in the way it was done yet, so unfilmmable would translate to the screen. The story was great and some of the acting was wonderful. I understand how so many people were unsatisfied with Malin Ackerman's performance of the Silk Spectre 2. Rohrshach and Comedian were pulled off the best, there performances were fantastic. Truly in a movie where there are no real likeable characters they were pulled off the best. My only real gripe with the story was terrible makeup job that was put on Nixon. That was a little distracting.

The one thing that so many fanboys were unhappy about was the change in the ending. I'm still uncertain why it was necessary, and the new ending doesn't take away or give anything different to the overall story. Overall the movie was enjoyable. Though I would only go and see this if you had read the book. I also look forward to it on Blu-ray if it puts the "Tales of the Black Freighter" intermingled through the movie.

OVERALL 7 out of 10

No comments: