Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good New Music: The Horrors - Primary Colours





This is not what I expected from "The Horrors" on their second album. I am very thankful for this, the orginal album was more garage punk and screaming than anything I really listen to. That's why i'm thankful the changed course on this second album. It was convenient since they changed labels as well. they clearly matured and went in the direction of being more of a post-punk/shoegaze band now which is something I am finding myself more and more interested in all the time (I did say Deerhunter made the best album of last year). The two songs that I found videos for are clearly the standout tracks for the album, you can tell they are leaning in the direction of Joy Division and My Bloody Valentine. Hopefully they will stay the course for a long time.

No comments: