Sunday, January 11, 2009

Whos ready for music in 2009?

Yeah I am eagerly waiting for some good music in 2009. Music was a little dissapointing in 08 but I'm optimistic for 09. Here are just a few albums that I am confident will be pretty good.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- TBA - Yeah I can't get enough of garage rock. Yeah I know Karen O. was working on the solo album. Yeah I know I've used "Yeah" alot in this description. Nobody knows when this album is supposed to some out, however I don't care. I only ask that it's as good as Golden Lion. Anything with her voice turns out to be pretty good. Just ask Squeak E. Clean when they made the song for the adidas commercial.



Though the album will be more rockin.

U2 - No Line on the Horizon - Yeppers, another case where your last product means I am being sucked in for another round. Though really these guys don't ever really disappoint. They just do as they've done for 3 decades and make kickass records. March 3rd won't come soon enough.

The Decemberists - Hazards of Love - One of the best bands coming from the Naughty Northwest. I'm not sure I am in love with the music they make necessarily. I'm so Sam and Diane with this band it's not even funny. Though I do know I love the lyrics and all the references they make in their music/videos of Portland.





Doves - TBA - It has been way to long since Some Citites was released. Though I loved it that was not shared by all of the bands fans. I look forward to this album regarless if they go back to the amibient sound of the first 2 albums or the poppiness of the last album. Count me down for an April release. BTW if your a fan of this band be sure you have the Lost Sides disc, it's one not to miss. Here is a live version of one of the tracks to appear on the album.



Modest Mouse - TBA - Really this album is supposed to be just an EP, and was supposed to have come out at the end of last year I think. I heard that they were trying to hurry it out and that didn't happen. I'm not sure what the story is now, all I know is that I love one of the songs that are supposed to be on it. I just hope Isaac Brock doesn't get arrested for something before this song is recorded in studio.



NASA - Spirit of Apollo - February 17th. Trust me I will have this that day. On that day I will have that in my hands within a cocaine heartbeat. I cannot be more excited. It's impossible.

There are others albums I'm missing, I just can't think of them now. For the time being enjoy.

No comments: